Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Countdown - Belated

 EDIT: This is a post I guess I never finished so I'm posting it now.

It's time to start counting down. I am in disbelief that the thing I've been waiting 8 months for is only one week away! I feel so positive about this life change. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for the rest of my life. I am hoping for less pain, more energy, and a longer healthier life. I am planning on spending more time outdoors in this treacherous Midwest weather with my kids and hopefully grand kids some day! I'm also anxious to put my servant heart to work, to serve others as God intended, to help more people, love more and have more fun!
Failure? Yes its a possibility. It's not a bad word -  As I have to tell my kids all the time, we are going to continue to fail as long as we live on this earth as flawed humans. But what we choose to do after that is most important. In my family we pick ourselves up and start again. "Do the next best thing" is a quote I've heard over the years and It tends to stick with me every day. That brings me to my next point. Grace.
Grace. I need it. I am not setting myself up for failure like I've done in the past. I'm having real expectations on myself which means there is room for that mistake I will have. I am not going to be hard on myself for not getting it right everyday. I ask that you won't be either. Please don't food police me. I know what is right and wrong for my body and if I choose to put something in my mouth that is wrong - trust me I'm the only one going to suffer. I'm a work in progress. I need Grace and If I don't give it to myself I can't expect it from my people.
Vegas. Yep I did it.. Twice in one year! Thanks to my lovely cousin Julie and her family. It was perfect timing, I ate and drank and slept, walked and shopped with an amazing young lady who at 13 years old really knows her way around that town!! LOL I can't wait to go back 100 pounds lighter and walk more!
What to expect the next few weeks from me:
Nothing. Ya, I'm wrapping up all my Christmas stuff this week before Sunday. Will be celebrating Christmas day with my family, My Mom and Brother. I won't be able to eat anything but protein shakes! I'll be dreaming of stuffing..ha ha not really. I've had my share of food - what got me here in the first place!
My bible study ladies will hopefully have a meal train set up to feed the rest of my family if you want to help. I also won't be able to lift more than 10 pounds or drive for 2 weeks. I've got some rides lined up for the kids but If you are willing to help with any of that we are glad to take the help. Just contact Tom or I.
I've got a great pre-op diet that is two weeks long and today is the half way point! Its 3 protein shakes a day, 64 oz water, 1 carb, 1/2 cup veggies, 2 C lettuce, 3 oz lean meat, and 1 fruit PER DAY! For real peeps- its hard! I think I slept the first 3 days plus I was just getting home from my trip. Now I'm doing fine and the only problem I've had is a mind battle with sweet & sour chicken. I've never wanted it more in my life!! I think its the only thing I didn't eat last fall while saying goodbye to all my favorite foods. I may sneak in a couple bites. I've dropped about a pound a day since last Monday. Today's weight brings me down 31 pounds from my highest. The point of this diet is to shrink the liver so its not in the way of my stomach when they go in to remove it!
That's it. I've got a few days to finish up everything. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and New Year. I will update the blog sometime next week when I get home from the hospital! Thanks for all the love and support!
See ya on the other side! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ticker