Friday, May 2, 2014

true story of how God teaches me lessons on greed and materialism: I was making banana bread this AM - complaining to Tom how I need a Kitchen Aid Mixer because mine dosen't have enough power... etc.. and I fell in love with a teal one I saw the other day for only $395.00. (which just happens to be one of the colors im painting my utility room) He said "when you use this one enough to burn it up t...hen I will get you one" Ok, so now Im thinking - awesome Im going to bake EVERY DAY!! So - as Im mixing the dough I hit the "power boost" (button the Tom reminded me of that I've never used) the mixer starts jumping around and the batter flies all over my kitchen, took 15 mins to clean everything! So my lesson on materialism: use what you have, it IS good enough, don't let marketing, society and fancy colors make you believe you need MORE!
 

"The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live." -Proverbs 15:26-28
 
 
Learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ticker