Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What happens to May?

It is May. Time to look past the summer and ahead to the next school year. The planning and registering and touring new schools starts already. I can see why - summer does spin by pretty fast. Unfortunately it seems May gets "skipped". End of year recitals, programs, school projects and more take over and consume the entire month. Its like I blink and its June!

Personally I get my kids summer schedules put together before May starts. I get them registered for camps, library programs, swim lessons, dentist, Dr checkups and even plan little vacations! We start saving in February to pay for everything, (including pool passes).  I have found that if I wait - then its the first or 2nd week in June before we decide what to do all summer. By then, things are full, money is gone, & I've just gotten lazy. 

 Reality is: this week I will register one girl for middle school, & one for 3rd grade. I feel.... a little sick to my stomach. I'm finding that I can't control everything in their lives. My desire is to control EVERYTHING.

 What I've learned about giving up control:
1. it is hard
2. it is necessary
3. it is a relief
4. it is scary

Its a relief. Yep, when we allow God to take all control of our lives (which he has anyway) its a relief, a weight off the shoulders. Its a promise to us that God has everything in his hands and we need to step out of the way and just pray. Pray to let Him know we are on His side, that whatever is in the plan, we will roll with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ticker