Monday, October 15, 2018

My future........

When I started trying to get serious about weight loss earlier this year, I had a goal to lose 10-15 pounds and go back to the plastic surgeon in May to try to get approved for a breast reduction. Things changed. Something that surgeon said stuck with me. He said I should consider weight loss surgery first - told me about a newer procedure I'd never heard of. I've also NEVER even considered this type of surgery. I started researching the "sleeve" surgery online, joined a Facebook support group and began looking for a surgeon. I thought I'd check it out, see if its for me, not expecting to go any further.

When I first saw Dr Hung in June I think... he told me i'm a good candidate for this type of surgery and will check on insurance. Things like this never go my way so I didn't get too excited. I found out my insurance requirements and decided to give it a try. Since June I've been jumping through hoops- (not going to lie, kinda half ass-ed on some things) I started seeing some results in myself and learning some things. I'm down 22 pounds since Feburary.... what? when is the last time I've done that without trying really hard killing it at the gym and taking supplements? This whole thing is about lifestyle changes, not fad diets, not starving myself, not just working out but real every single day for the rest of my life changes.


When I met all the requirements for my insurance and it was time to submit for approval, I was still not getting my hopes up but was very encouraged about the whole process. Many positive vibes from my people and the thousands of online supporters has gotten me this far. Image result for what is vsg


One day on a Wednesday, I got the call from the surgeon saying "You're approved" I was still in disbelief! I began telling some of my closest people and now I'm counting down to my Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery on December 18th. I know there are a lot of concerns, questions and changes in my future but you guys, something drastic has to happen or I won't be around to see my kids grow up. Obesity is just as real a killer as cancer or diabetes. I'm excited for this journey! This is not a quick fix, not an overnight recovery, not "just a surgery" this is a lifestyle change and I've spent more than 7 months researching, talking and praying about it and Its finally going to happen. 


I will start sharing more details on my journey soon as well as before/after pictures. I really appreciate the support of my friends and family during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ticker