Wednesday, November 21, 2018

VEGAS BABY!

It occurred to me today that I'll be flying out to Vegas in a week from tomorrow! I need a tan, a wax, new shoes, along with Thanksgiving and a two day trip to the in-laws in between that!
Whew, what a whirlwind this next month will be.

I'm also less than a month from surgery! I did my pre-op physical and my admissions phone call already this week.
I'm down 26 pounds from my heaviest weight. I feel okay, but I don't look any different. Next week I also have to go to Lincoln for final nutrition visit. Honestly I'm surprised how fast this whole process has gone. Its far from over but I'm seeing a lot of hope for my future!

The last few months have been a little crazy too. Both of my kids turned into athletes, one joined swim team and one basketball. I didn't know the level of pride involved in being a sports mom. I LOVE IT! Nothing has ever been "ordinary" or "traditional" about raising our kids. But finally something that seems "normal"is actually happening. I am trying to hold in my excitement and pride but to be honest... its very hard not to put my hair up in pig-tails and cheer them on every time that uniform goes on! Being part of a team is so important and my kids have really needed this for a long time! I even have a 16 year old who may be getting a job! Its unreal. Both of these girls have matured so much in just a year.. even just a few months. I'm just in awe. I'd be lying if I were to say its a little sad that Grandpa didn't get to see R play basketball or A in a swim meet. But I know how proud he would be and I feel it.

BTW - I ate french fries about 4 times last week. Shhh.. guys I only have a couple weeks of "real" food left. I start a mostly liquid diet on Dec 4th!! Tom is taking me to the Jazz restaurant in the Old Market Friday night..That will be our last "date" night when I will eat a whole meal. Not sad at all!! Just excited!

Okay- until next time - I pray you all have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends. May your travels be safe and food be yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ticker